|Viscosity @ 40°C,cSt
|Viscosity @ 100°C,cSt
|Flash Point, °C/°F
|Pour Point, °C/°F
Procedure for flushing rotary screw air compressors
Omniclean FG should be used where food grade cleaning and flushing lubricant is required. For non food grade applications UltraSolv or Ultraclean may be used.
- Drain compressor oil immediately after shutdown while fluid is warm. This should include all possible drain points.
- Check all filters as well as the separator. If in good condition, proceed to step 3. If filters or separator is heavily contaminated, change or clean at this time as the use of Omniclean FG may result in carbonaceous deposits and varnish being removed during use. Fill compressor with Omniclean FG.
- Run air compressor UNDER NO LOAD for a period of 2 to 24 hours. The run time will be decided in part by the severity of contamination and the condition of the air compressor.
- Drain Omniclean FG from air compressor at all drain points as completely as possible. This should be done immediately after shutdown.
- Change air oil separator as well as all filters to ensure that all contaminants and oxidized oil are removed from compressor.
- Refill compressor with fresh lubricant.
- An initial sample should be taken after 500 hours of service. Oil analysis will determine the condition of the oil at that time and whether continued flushing is necessary. Oil samples should then be taken at 500 hour intervals until an appropriate oil drain interval has been established.
Omnilube FG is compatible with mineral oils, white oils, other polyalphaolefins, and many ester based synthetics. Many synthetics are as different from each other as they are with petroleum products therefore; it is always advisable to contact Ultrachem Inc. prior to changing over compressor oils.
Omniclean FG is NOT compatible with polyalkylene glycols (PAG) lubricants.